Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Who’s the F&#@- up Now?

Hint: It’s not me

Remember that time when I met my new neighbors? And then the time after that when Monster locked me out front but then let me in after a minute? Oh, those were good times. The Ex was so smug and superior. I can imagine his mother rolling her eyes when he told the story of my epic parenting fail at a family gathering. But whatevs, I don’t care. I don’t need them or their stupid approval.

But here’s where things get pretty sweet. Last week the Ex took off work so he could take Monster to Sesame Place. He came and picked him up and I left for work. Luckily I stopped for gas down the street and luckily I was reaching for my phone to check my bank balance because at that exact moment I received a frantic phone call from the Ex saying that Monster had locked himself in the van and could I help him “call someone?”

I could hear the panic in his voice. Luckily for everyone, I have AAA (thanks Mom!). I called them, told them my 2-year-old was locked in my van and could they send someone immediately. Also luckily, AAA is less than a mile from my house. So we waited. Monster was already strapped in his seat so he was sitting there playing with a small toy. The Ex was so anxiety-ridden and kept asking questions like: is he going to run out of air in there?; and are you sure you called? I passed the time by playing a peek-a-boo game. I’d duck down below the window and pop up and say, “Surprise!”

It took about 20 minutes for the AAA tech to get there and only a minute for him to unlock the door. As soon as Monster was free, I hugged him for about 10 minutes. I also wanted to hug the AAA guy but thought he might find that inappropriate.

All was well and I don’t even think Monster knew what was happening. It was just really nice to not be the f&#@-up for once.

I also recommend AAA to everyone! I, myself, am a platinum member.

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee, great story! We used to have AAA. Maybe we should renew, since I do have a sporadic fear of accidentally locking Peanut in the car.

    How was Sesame Place? Would you recommend it for an impatient 2-year-old?

    I was thinking you should post on FB whenever you update your blog, like I do. You deserve more readers!

    ReplyDelete