Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's Almost Like Having a Daughter

Monster does NOT like getting ready in the mornings. I've spent a lot of time chasing him around the house with diapers, clothes, breakfast, shoes, his coat, just trying to get him presentable (which, seriously, doesn't measure up to what most people would find acceptable). He also takes issue with me getting ready in the morning. Not too long ago I jokingly asked if he wanted to help me pick out my clothes. He was all about it. Of course, he thinks I should wear things from the dirty clothes pile but we're working on that.

He really seems to enjoy this new routine. He likes to feel the fabric of the clothes before he makes his decision and then he gets very excited when I coordinate his outfit to mine. Yesterday we both wore gray pants and today we both wore brown. So, I'm getting some much needed fashion help AND I found a way to get that kid excited about getting dressed. I rule at this mom shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment