Thursday, October 13, 2011

Summer of Self Improvement Fail

I just realized that I never did follow up on my quest for self improvement. That could mean that I'm already at the top of my game but I think we all know that's not true. You know, while I was reading The Happiness Project, I was really into it and was doing some of the things she suggested and I was happier. I don't know what happened. I just stopped. And I feel not as happy.

Is it the time of year and the fact that it's been raining here about 90 % of the time since July? Is it that I'm freaking busy? I can't be any busier than anyone else. Probably less busy than a lot of people actually. Do I lack stamina and the ability to commit? What is it people???

And does anyone want to do a group happiness project? I sent away for the materials a while back. She offers a whole package for doing a group project.

Has anyone else read the book or gone on her blog?

2 comments:

  1. Cut yourself some slack. A lifestyle overhaul isn't exactly the easiest thing on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty of The Happiness Project is that it's "changing your life without changing your life." It's little things to boost your happiness as I'm already a pretty happy person. But I stopped doing the little things almost immediately after finishing the book. *sigh*
    However, I did just order a planner so I can get organized with lists and notes and happenings.

    ReplyDelete