Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How Much Is Too Much?

I had a strategy for Christmas this year: buy throughout the year so as not to stress or go bankrupt. When I saw different things on sale, I'd pick them up for Monster. The problem is, now I have a ton of presents for him and I'm wondering if it's too much.

The custody schedule is such that Monster will be going with the Ex at noon on Christmas Day so chances are good he won't even get to all of his presents before then. He still hasn't caught on to the whole present thing. He opens one and plays with it, ignoring all those still wrapped. I'm fine with that, don't get me wrong. I'm just wondering how it will go on Christmas morn.

What's an appropriate amount of gifts for a toddler? What's everyone else doing?

3 comments:

  1. I think I have about 4 or 5 "main" gifts for Peanut, plus a few stocking stuffers. I've definitely had to put a mental cap on anymore purchases, though. It's so easy to go overboard when you keep seeing stuff you know they'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting both kids two main gifts, a craft or book (which I got when Borders closed), a small stuffed animal and stocking stuffers. Plus we are getting a shared gift. They also have two sets of grandparents and 2 sets of aunts and uncles that buy for them and a gift exchange at school. Monetarily, I spent about $100 on each.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have hardly bought a thing for my son because I know the grandparents and relatives are getting him so much. I'm sure I'll buy a couple more things but probably not too much.

    ReplyDelete