Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Here's What's For Dinner

Yesterday I grilled three pieces of chicken, shredded them and packaged them in foil pouches. I froze two and kept one in the fridge for dinner tonight.




My grandma gave me a bag full of basil from her "garden" which is actually just two herb plants in two pots outside her kitchen door. I took that basil


I looked up pesto on epicurious.com but realized I only had two of the ingredients I needed for it: basil and olive oil. So I tossed them in the food processor together. Wasn't exactly pesto but it was close enough for me and a two-year-old. I mixed it with the chicken


I grabbed a piece of Naan and spread some tomato sauce on it


Put the chicken "pesto" on top of that


Put shredded cheese on top of that


I baked it in a preheated oven (425 degrees) until the cheese had bubbled and browned a bit



Then Monster and I sat on the couch, watched Caillou and stuffed our faces with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment