Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Monster!

Today my baby turns two. I just feel so grateful. Grateful at how awesome he is and at how healthy he is.

A little more than two years ago, I was hospitalized so that the doctors could constantly monitor Monster’s heart rate. The little guy had gone and wrapped the umbilical cord around his neck and there was a chance that I would have to have an emergency C-section. Day after day and night after night of uncertainty and fear. Fear that he would have to be born too soon and what that would mean to his health and development or even if he would survive at all. Every day that he stayed in there I just came to admire him more and more. Before he was even born, he was the strongest person I knew and I was learning the lengths I would go to in order to protect him.

After two weeks, though, he untangled himself. I couldn’t believe it. Now he was the smartest person I knew and probably the most mischievous.

The day he was born was not only exciting and magical and miraculous but a huge relief as well. Finally I wasn’t the only person responsible for his well being!

I’m not going to say that the past two years have been easy but they have definitely been worth it.

Happy birthday to my gorgeous, genius, naughty and wonderful son! You are definitely keeping me on my toes!

Love,
MaMa

No comments:

Post a Comment